Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Welcome Back

I everyone! I haven't posted on this blog since Jan 2012. A lot of reasons why, but the bottom line is I will be posting on here on a regular basis. I know there are a lot of other social media sites now days and I post on them too, but if you want up to date fishing reports for the Galveston Bay area then you can follow this blog. I will be posting Galveston Bay fishing reports, pictures & videos on here. I am also in the process of hosting a video & eventually a TV show. I will post some 30-40 minute long shows with some of my clients & sponsors. That is in the works, but as far as fishing I will be posting from now on. I want to thank all of you in advance for following this blog & all the support & good words I get from my readers. I hope you enjoy all the post. As far as a fishing report right now, we are going to begin out Spring time fishing. During March & April we start our Spring Break trips. We offer jetty trips for anglers that want that non stop action. We target redfish, drum & sheephead. We also offer our trout & redfish bay trips too, with the weather changes we just want to give our customers a good chance to catch lots of fish. If the weather cooperates trout fishing can be really good in March & April and the redfish, drum & sheephead can be abundant at the jetties. My brother and I took his sons Joshua & Joseph out this past Saturday for a quick trip before we get really busy. The weather was great and the fishing was even better. They had a great time on the water. At the 1st spot we fished they caught lots of speckled trout. Between the 2 of them they caught over 25 trout. They were catching lots of specks between 14 & 15 inches, which we released. After the trout bite slowed, we went looking for some redfish. We fished a favorite redfish spot and they caught about 8 total reds with 2 of them being keepers. They also caught some sheephead & a few small drum. On the way back to the dock we decided to fish for trout again and they caught another 6-7 trout. It was a great day on the water with family! We were using live shrimp under a cork. The better fish were close to the bottom. If you would like to get out on the water and get in on all this action, please give me a call. Until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan 832-606-0844
Galveston Fishing Guides





No comments:

Post a Comment